Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to upload photos to iCloud using data instead of wifi

My phone can’t connect to a wifi because the WIFI receiver of my phone is broken. I want to back up my photos and such in iCloud which has 2TB, my phone has reached full storage, this is because my photos aren’t being uploaded to iCloud. My Question is, how can i upload my photos and video and Whatsapp to ICloud, using my phone data, and not WIFI.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 6:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 6:57 AM

Go to Settings/Photos/Cellular Data and turn it on.

Note that uploading photos to iCloud will not free any storage on your phone, unless you also turn on Optimize iPhone Storage in Settings/your name/iCloud/iCloud Photos.

iCloud is NOT a way to archive content; it is a syncing service, and anything you delete from your phone will also be deleted from iCloud.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2022 6:57 AM in response to Hereforananswerpls

Go to Settings/Photos/Cellular Data and turn it on.

Note that uploading photos to iCloud will not free any storage on your phone, unless you also turn on Optimize iPhone Storage in Settings/your name/iCloud/iCloud Photos.

iCloud is NOT a way to archive content; it is a syncing service, and anything you delete from your phone will also be deleted from iCloud.

How to upload photos to iCloud using data instead of wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.