Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated IPhone to latest version, lost all my e-mail after I was hacked!

Updated IPhone to latest version. Thereafter, my e-mail was hacked and lost everything!

While in CarPlay, my camera kept coming on …

Anybody else having weird problems?

iPhone 14 Plus

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 6:56 PM

For re-securing your environment: Personal Safety User Guide - Apple Support

For your Apple ID: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

For your mail account, change the mail server password. Change all of your passwords.

Work through the list of security recommendations in Settings > Passwords > Security Recommendations, too.

If you suspect your iPhone itself to be compromised, factory reset and do not restore a backup.

All that written, not having your email seems like you might simply want to log into the mail provider's mail web portal using your preferred web browser, and see if your mail is still accessible there. This wouldn't be the first time that an account got corrupted, and that corruption rendered mail inaccessible. No hack for these cases, just a benign mess with the local configuration. Removing and re-adding the mail account can usually resolve this case.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2022 6:56 PM in response to MINKROCH

For re-securing your environment: Personal Safety User Guide - Apple Support

For your Apple ID: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

For your mail account, change the mail server password. Change all of your passwords.

Work through the list of security recommendations in Settings > Passwords > Security Recommendations, too.

If you suspect your iPhone itself to be compromised, factory reset and do not restore a backup.

All that written, not having your email seems like you might simply want to log into the mail provider's mail web portal using your preferred web browser, and see if your mail is still accessible there. This wouldn't be the first time that an account got corrupted, and that corruption rendered mail inaccessible. No hack for these cases, just a benign mess with the local configuration. Removing and re-adding the mail account can usually resolve this case.

Updated IPhone to latest version, lost all my e-mail after I was hacked!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.