Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Case Charge Shown As 0% After iOS 16.2 Update

I recently updated my iPhone 13 to iOS 16.2, then i noticed that the battery status of the case of the AirPods 3 in Smart Stack widget is shown as 0% no matter how much i charged the case at. There’s no issue about the battery because it both charges and shown in widget as charging status, also it used to be working as expected in older iOS versions. Do you have this issue too?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 8:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 12:03 PM

Hi LyrauKen, welcome to the Apple community

I hope you are doing well 🤗

I invite you to try this :

1/ Put your AirPods in their charging case, and close the lid.

2/ Wait 30 seconds.

3/ Open the lid of your charging case.

4/ With your AirPods in your ears and connected to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Bluetooth, or Settings > [your AirPods], and tap the More Info button next to your AirPods. If you don't see your AirPods in Settings > Bluetooth or in Settings > [your AirPods], just go to the next step.

5/ Tap Forget This Device, and tap again to confirm.

6/ With the lid open, press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light on the front of the case flashes amber, then white.*

7/ Reconnect your AirPods: With your AirPods in their charging case and the lid open, place your AirPods close to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Follow the steps on your device's screen.

-If your AirPods won't connect - Apple Support

-If your left or right AirPod isn't working - Apple Support

-If your AirPods won’t charge - Apple Support

-How to clean your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods - Apple Support

-How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

If the issue is not resolved, feel free to come back to us or contact Apple support for more information.

Apple support is available here: Apple Support

See you soon👋

Julio

31 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2022 12:03 PM in response to LyrauKen

Hi LyrauKen, welcome to the Apple community

I hope you are doing well 🤗

I invite you to try this :

1/ Put your AirPods in their charging case, and close the lid.

2/ Wait 30 seconds.

3/ Open the lid of your charging case.

4/ With your AirPods in your ears and connected to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Bluetooth, or Settings > [your AirPods], and tap the More Info button next to your AirPods. If you don't see your AirPods in Settings > Bluetooth or in Settings > [your AirPods], just go to the next step.

5/ Tap Forget This Device, and tap again to confirm.

6/ With the lid open, press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light on the front of the case flashes amber, then white.*

7/ Reconnect your AirPods: With your AirPods in their charging case and the lid open, place your AirPods close to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Follow the steps on your device's screen.

-If your AirPods won't connect - Apple Support

-If your left or right AirPod isn't working - Apple Support

-If your AirPods won’t charge - Apple Support

-How to clean your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods - Apple Support

-How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

If the issue is not resolved, feel free to come back to us or contact Apple support for more information.

Apple support is available here: Apple Support

See you soon👋

Julio

Jan 17, 2023 8:13 AM in response to LyrauKen

Yes I have experienced the same exact problem with my AirPods Pro (MagSafe). I decided to go to the Apple Store to solve this problem. The staff even checked the problem when they connected it to their iPad. Instead they gave me a replacement AirPods Pro but when I came home I still faced the same issue. I think it’s software related. Hopefully an update should come soon because it’s frustrating not knowing the percentage of the case.

Mar 14, 2023 6:21 PM in response to LyrauKen

Same issue here. This happened to my AirPods Pro 2nd gen and it’s completely dead and been on the charger 3 days. I went back to my AirPods Pro Gen 1 and they are now having the same issue and the case and charger are dead. For my Pro Gen 2 they were unable to identify the serial number to do any support over the phone and I purchased through BestBuy. Apple has no answers so I will have to visit an Apple Store. I am on the current AirPod firmware for both AirPods and the pro gen 2 case.

I have done multiple resets and multiple chargers. Including a qi certified and Apple Watch charge. I’ve also cleaned everything as per the apple guide.

I have also tried the tip to turn off the find my function both for the AirPods and altogether with no luck. My AirPods Pro 2nd gen started with this issue less than 3 weeks after purchase. I’ve read that several people have had their AirPods replaced upwards of 3 times with the same issue. This has to be a software bug.

AirPods Case Charge Shown As 0% After iOS 16.2 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.