You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad pro cellular is not showing the cellular antenna icon anymore

Hello,

I’m having an issue with my iPad pro first gen.

Suddenly it’s not showing the cellular antenna icon on the top right of the display anymore and I get no connection.

I’ve tried to do the following with no luck:

• reboot iPad
  • forced reboot iPad (home button + top button)
  • took the sim card out from the tray and put it back in again
  • updated to the latest iOS 15 version
  • reset network settings

it seems like iPad turned into a wifi only device

what’s wrong with it?

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 11:22 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

Dec 15, 2022 7:18 AM in response to salvodp

You might be well advised to seek assistance directly from from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page.

Alternatively and perhaps easier, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Dec 15, 2022 1:53 AM in response to salvodp

Do you still have an active (paid) cellular service agreement? iPadOS will only show Cellular settings when you have an active physical SIM or eSIM; if don’t have an active Cellular service contract, Cellular settings will not be accessible.

Early iPad Pro models also supported AppleSIM. This service, created by Apple and partnered by selected Cellular Providers, was closed earlier this year for new service activations. With closure of this service, iPadOS has been updated to remove associated settings and references - and this may impact what you see when you don’t have an active Cellular service plan with a Cellular Provider.

Dec 15, 2022 3:08 AM in response to salvodp

Thanks for clarification.

A reset of your iPad network settings may be helpful - as this will reset both Cellular and WiFi network settings:

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPad > Reset > Reset Network Settings

After performing the Network Reset, check for a Carrier Settings update:

Settings > General > About > Network Provider - ???

The No SIM indication should only be seen if you don’t have a physical SIM installed - and your eSIM has not been provisioned.

Dec 15, 2022 5:46 AM in response to LotusPilot

I did the network settings reset twice and didn’t help

I tried the sim on my iPhone and works fine

Network Provider says: iPad 50.0

also the mobile number associated to the sim it’s just zeros: “0000000000”

what I meant in the previous post is the even if I physycally remove the SIM from the tray, put the tray back with no SIM and then I reboot the device, iPad won’t display “NO SIM” as it is supposed to do.

No clue..the only thing I can do at last is to upgrade it to iOS 16 or do a full reset of the device and if that doesn’t work either it has to be some issue related to the hardware..

iPad pro cellular is not showing the cellular antenna icon anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.