Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone turns on by itself

I have an iPhone SE (1st generation) and iOS 15.7.1. For the last few months, when I place the phone on its charger and turn it off, it will turn back on, usually within seconds or minutes. I use an extension cord to also charge my Apple Watch, but this happens even when the Watch charger isn't plugged in. Anyone with similar issue and/or solution?

iPhone SE

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 8:34 AM

Hi there HumptyDumpty803,

If your iPhone is powering on unexpectedly, let's first ensure you are turning it off using one of these two methods from Turn iPhone on or off:

Turn off iPhone
• iPhone with the Home button: Press and hold the side button or Sleep/Wake button (depending on your model), then drag the slider.
Illustrations of three different iPhone models, all with the screens facing up. The leftmost illustration shows the volume up and volume down buttons on the left side of the device. The side button is shown on the right. The middle illustration shows the side button on the right of the device. The rightmost illustration shows the Sleep/Wake button on the top of the device.
All models: Go to Settings  > General > Shut Down, then drag the slider.

If this continues no matter how the iPhone is turned off, can you let us know if this happens with other charging cables and other power outlets? That will allow us to isolate this issue further.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2022 8:34 AM in response to HumptyDumpty803

Hi there HumptyDumpty803,

If your iPhone is powering on unexpectedly, let's first ensure you are turning it off using one of these two methods from Turn iPhone on or off:

Turn off iPhone
• iPhone with the Home button: Press and hold the side button or Sleep/Wake button (depending on your model), then drag the slider.
Illustrations of three different iPhone models, all with the screens facing up. The leftmost illustration shows the volume up and volume down buttons on the left side of the device. The side button is shown on the right. The middle illustration shows the side button on the right of the device. The rightmost illustration shows the Sleep/Wake button on the top of the device.
All models: Go to Settings  > General > Shut Down, then drag the slider.

If this continues no matter how the iPhone is turned off, can you let us know if this happens with other charging cables and other power outlets? That will allow us to isolate this issue further.

Cheers!

iPhone turns on by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.