You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Option for “Download and keep originals” from ICloud missing

How can I download my original photos from ICloud since my storage is full? The option to download and keep originals is missing in settings->profile name->icloud->photos

Futhermore I cannot turn on the photos storage without a subscription since I’m out of storage lol.

so what do I do? Subscribe and spend a freedom dollar so I can get this magical option back or am I clearly an idiot and the option is right in front of my eyes? Here is my literal screen, what I see verbatim.

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 11:38 AM

1 reply

Dec 18, 2022 11:15 AM in response to AppleTo0ranges

Hello AppleTo0ranges,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Based on the screenshot you provided, you wouldn't see that option as the "Sync this iPhone" option is currently disabled. With that disabled, the photos would be being stored locally and not in iCloud.

If you have photos/videos in iCloud that you want to download, the steps in the "Download copies of your photos and videos" of this article can help with that: Set up and use iCloud Photos

Cheers!

Option for “Download and keep originals” from ICloud missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.