Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't reset Google password on Mac

I updated my gmail password but Mac mail won't allow me to update it on my MacBook. Updating the password on my iPhone worked fine, but when I go to the account on my MacBook Pro (Monterey, v. 12.6), a pop-up says "Google requires completing authentication in your web browser." I click "Open Browser," and this square box shows up with a spinning thing in the middle. I go to the browser, and there's nothing. I've tried both Chrome and Safari. I have tried closing Mac mail down and restarting it, and I went back to Google and changed my password a second time. None of that worked. I get the popup, click the "Open Browser" button, the square box opens and spins, and the browser does nothing.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 9:45 AM

Open your System Settings under the Apple Menu on the upper left, go to your internet accounts and delete the Google Account using the - button. Give it a minute and or restart your laptop. Under the internet accounts, hit the + button and reinstall the Google Account and see if that fixes your issue.

If not, give Apple Support a call and have them help you sort out your issue.

Get Support – Apple

Apple Support

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or online Apple Support

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2022 9:45 AM in response to Mainely Jazz

Open your System Settings under the Apple Menu on the upper left, go to your internet accounts and delete the Google Account using the - button. Give it a minute and or restart your laptop. Under the internet accounts, hit the + button and reinstall the Google Account and see if that fixes your issue.

If not, give Apple Support a call and have them help you sort out your issue.

Get Support – Apple

Apple Support

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or online Apple Support

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Can't reset Google password on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.