Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone sending messages to UK - 447860015000

My iPhone is sending messages to UK, about 400 were sent from my phone without my consent. When I contacted my phone carrier they told me iMessage or facetime is doing this, these 2 apps are constantly sending these messages without notifying me, for those 400 messages not even a single one is logged under the "message" app, hence the only way to notice this is checking my phone bill at the end of the month, up to $450 were charged because of this issue and now no one but me is responsible, how is this possible? I didn't get any notification from these 2 apps, and I was not even in that country when this happened. Checking facetime and iMessage configuration, there is no way to deactivate or uninstall these apps, I tried it and is telling me that I'm still able to use them. About 400 messages in 7 days, this is so unacceptable and the phone didn't log anything, it feels like apple is playing with me and my information at my back.

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 10:58 AM

5 replies

Dec 16, 2022 11:45 AM in response to solivalle

so disappointed with iOS, there is no transparency and this is costing me $450.

Perhaps Is your Wi-Fi network Is unavailable?

Turn on Wi-Fi network: Settings ☞ tap on Wi-Fi ☞ turn Wi-Fi ON

You have to make the Wi-Fi network available, because the phone sent 'silent' message at the background to the server, trying to activate your request.

If you are using an unsupported carrier, and you will be charged for the background text messages used to activate FaceTime and iMessage.

It is your choice to activate knowing you may be charged, or to cancel and not use these features.

Or you switch to a supported mobile carrier.

Thank you for your feedback and you're welcome.

Dec 16, 2022 11:29 AM in response to Raicya

Thank you, your comment was very helpful.

For anyone watching this question, long story short, there is no way you can track or manually stop these apps to do this nor even track what the apps are doing in the background, you cannot remove the app either, hence just logout your apple id from these.

Stop iMessage & FaceTime SMS to servers in UK
Thanks to ASC User Lawrence Finch
So, for FaceTime in Settings/FaceTime first turn it on if it is off, then tap on the Apple ID and sign out.
For iMessage, Settings/Messages, turn it on if it is off, then tap on Send & Receive, the Apple ID, and sign out.
You have to actually log out of FaceTime and iMessage; just turning them off doesn’t work (it actually makes the problem worse, as the phone continues to say “hi, I’m off the air for now."

so disappointed with iOS, there is no transparency and this is costing me $450.

iPhone sending messages to UK - 447860015000

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.