Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Flickering on waking up on iPhone 14 Pro Max ?

Hai All

I have been facing a strange issue . I have been using new 14 pro max from Dec 5th. I am on 16.2

when I wake up the screen I am able to notice horizontal lines (flickers ) for less than a second . It happens for every 2-5 times if I wake up phone for 25 times . The time of flicker is less than a second and I am not able to show it to any or take a photo of it .

Tried restarting and all and I am still able to see it often . Not sure how to proceed with this and is bothering me .

How can I check whether it can be an issue with my display (which is in making ) or is it a bug for recent updates ? How can I fix it ?

Note : flickering is only when I wake up the mobile . Rest of the times everything is fine .

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 5:10 AM

Hi there. First at all you are not alone, there is many of us having the same problem. Look at this forum on reddit and write something. We need to come together to be heard. I made a few topics too but no response so far.

14 replies

Jan 5, 2023 4:35 AM in response to Genesystem

Apple says it's software issue and will be fixed with an update soon

As per reddit , most of these devices are bought from last week of November to December . We are assuming that the display issues are only on the devices which are out with lg screen . You can follow the reddit link and know the process on how to check it . I am not sure but it is what is going on at the moment as per details from reddit and other forums.

How ever I would suggest you to get it exchanged if in return period as there is an option of getting a device without issue . Some people do get the issue even in replaced devices ,but you can try your luck it .

As per apple , they are working to release fix and time frame is not told

Jan 5, 2023 12:56 PM in response to thandavatk

Yes I have been closely following this thread too, thank you for that.

I’d be more than glad if I get a replacement. My concern is I got my phone through a plan from Vodafone. Can I go straight to an Apple shop/store and request for a replacement? I reckon they’d be more aware of the issue and would be more keen on replacing my phone as opposed to Vodafone whom i’m assuming would only offer a repair instead.

Jan 5, 2023 1:24 PM in response to Genesystem

You should always go to person from which you have the phone. And if you missed out on return period it's up to seller if he decides he gives you a replacement.

I guess the best solution to do now is to wait for fix which hopefully comes within next few weeks.

Btw, does you phone work fine otherwise? I had LG based display before and I had problems with haptic feedback. I also heard a crackling sound when I was accepting a call.

Jan 5, 2023 1:36 PM in response to Genesystem

Apple might not replace it .

.My answer is to get a video proof of it showing the about section of your device too with error (so that they can confirm this particular device is having the issue ) and go to Vodafone stone ..

If it is less than 30 days ( EUrope ) it should be replaced under faults .

They will definitely ask you for repair and obviously no one is ready to pay £1200 and get it repaired in a month and more over it can't be repaired too .

Ask for replacement by showing proof and if less than 30 days it will be replaced by Vodafone without hassle

Jan 6, 2023 6:39 PM in response to thandavatk

I have the same issue, my phone was purchased from Apple Store Miami Beach location on December 17th 2022. I noticed it about a wake after, every time I wake up it flickered white lines through the display. Hopefully it was a software glitch but I’m here reading that I’m not the only one with this issue. Hopefully apple fix it soon.

Screen Flickering on waking up on iPhone 14 Pro Max ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.