Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 3 display

My Apple Watch is up and running but I noticed the screen was not very bright. So I went into the setting app and adjusted the brightness all the way up. The screen is still dark so dark I can’t really enjoy the watch. So I wanna know how I can get this fixed. I can see more on the picture but that is how it kinda looks

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 8

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 7:05 AM

1 reply

Dec 19, 2022 2:19 PM in response to yael104

Hey yael104,

From the photo, this is likely a hardware issue with your Apple Watch.

We'd advise a restart of the Apple Watch and if the purplish hue and faded image remains, contact Apple Support directly for assistance.

"Restart your Apple Watch

Learn how to restart your Apple Watch, even if it isn't responding.

Apple Watch showing where the side button is as well as the Power Off slider. 

How to restart your Apple Watch if you have watchOS 9

1. If your Apple Watch is charging, take it off the charger.
  2. Press and hold the side button until you see the power button  in the upper-right corner of the display.
  3. Tap the power button.
  4. Drag the Power Off slider.
  5. After your watch turns off, press and hold the side button again until you see the Apple logo.

How to restart your Apple Watch if you have watchOS 8 or earlier

1. If your Apple Watch is charging, take it off the charger.
  2. Press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider.
  3. Drag the Power Off slider.
  4. After your watch turns off, press and hold the side button again until you see the Apple logo.

Apple logo screen. 

Force restart your Apple Watch

You should force restart your Apple Watch as a last resort and only if it's not responding.

Don’t force restart your Apple Watch if you're updating watchOS. After you see the Apple logo and progress wheel, leave your watch alone and on its charger until the update finishes.

To force restart your Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo."

See contact options for Apple Support here:

Take care.

Apple Watch series 3 display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.