Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

12 Pro Max and Car play

My car play connection just died. I have restarted the phone, the infotainment, changed cables but nothing. It worked fine about 5 weeks ago that I used it but last week tried connecting and not luck. I tried restarting everything and it connected fine until the car was turned off. After that, it senses the devise but it comes back with a “No playable files found” message. I can link the music and the map voice via BT, however, I cannot get CarPlay to show on the car’s screen anymore.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 9:08 PM

1 reply

Dec 20, 2022 3:18 PM in response to gema1700

Hi gema1700,

For help with CarPlay, first ensure your iPhone is running the latest iOS version. If needed, the steps to update can be found here: Update your iPhone or iPad

If fully updated, continue with the steps below and found in the article here: If you need help with CarPlay

"If your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS, follow these steps — checking CarPlay after each step:

1. Check your connection to your CarPlay stereo:
    • If you have a wired connection, try connecting again with a different USB cable to a different USB port if you have one.
    • If you have a wireless connection, make sure that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled under Settings > Wi-Fi and Settings > Bluetooth.

2.If CarPlay doesn't activate automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display.

3.Restart your iPhone and your car. 

4.Make sure that Siri is on.

5.If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.

6.Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

7.Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information."

If the issue remains after the steps, reach out to Apple Support directly as recommended in the article.

Contact Apple Support

Contact Apple for support and service

Cheers.

12 Pro Max and Car play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.