Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Live photos

When I sync live photos back to iPhone via finder, they lose the live effect. I do not want my photos on icloud. It is really unacceptable that Apple will not let you sync live photos if you do not use icloud.

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 11:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 11:53 PM

It is the expected behaviour, as described in this Support Document: Sync your photos manually using the Finder - Apple Support

"Live Photos keep their effect when you import them to Photos in OS X El Capitan and later, but they lose their effect if you sync them back to your device via your computer. Use iCloud Photos so that Live Photos keep their effect, no matter what device you use."

If you do not want to use iCloud Photos, you could sync the Live Photos back to your iPhone using a Shared album. Or export them as an animated GIF and sync the GIF back to the iPhone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2022 11:53 PM in response to Galuboy

It is the expected behaviour, as described in this Support Document: Sync your photos manually using the Finder - Apple Support

"Live Photos keep their effect when you import them to Photos in OS X El Capitan and later, but they lose their effect if you sync them back to your device via your computer. Use iCloud Photos so that Live Photos keep their effect, no matter what device you use."

If you do not want to use iCloud Photos, you could sync the Live Photos back to your iPhone using a Shared album. Or export them as an animated GIF and sync the GIF back to the iPhone.

Live photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.