Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make a rule that can auto delete junk mail completely automatically?

How do I make a rule that can auto delete junk mail completely? Meaning I want the junk mail folder to automatically and permanently delete its contents not just move junk contents to the deleted folder. I want this to work on all my devices i.e. iPhone, iCloud, iPad, MacBook and of course iCloud once every 24 hours. Is this possible? If not can apple make this an option? Clearing junk mail daily is getting old especially now that the holidays are here and junk mail attacks are on the rise.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 4:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 5:26 AM

FrankTheNuckles wrote:

How do I make a rule that can auto delete junk mail completely? Meaning I want the junk mail folder to automatically and permanently delete its contents not just move junk contents to the deleted folder. I want this to work on all my devices i.e. iPhone, iCloud, iPad, MacBook and of course iCloud once every 24 hours. Is this possible? If not can apple make this an option?

Clearing junk mail daily is getting old especially now that the holidays are here and junk mail attacks are on the rise.

? cleaning Junk daily ?

Why are you micro-managing a Junk folder. It's Junk, forget about it. House clean as needed every year/six months/what ever.

"auto delete junk mail completely?" —I would never recommend this.

The problem with this request...

It is not uncommon to have an email marked as Spam/Junk...and come to find out you are missing a expected valid email....where is it(?) —the first place to look is the Spam/Junk folder.

This would be akin to shooting yourself in the foot.

If Junk mail is not working for you as expected—

If junk mail filters aren’t working in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Change Junk Mail settings in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Reduce junk mail in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Mail advanced junk mail settings on Mac - Apple Support

Change Junk Mail Advanced settings in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Identify and filter junk mail in iCloud - Apple Support

Report and block spam in iCloud mail - Apple Support

Manage junk mail in Mail on iCloud.com

Manage junk mail in Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2022 5:26 AM in response to FrankTheNuckles

FrankTheNuckles wrote:

How do I make a rule that can auto delete junk mail completely? Meaning I want the junk mail folder to automatically and permanently delete its contents not just move junk contents to the deleted folder. I want this to work on all my devices i.e. iPhone, iCloud, iPad, MacBook and of course iCloud once every 24 hours. Is this possible? If not can apple make this an option?

Clearing junk mail daily is getting old especially now that the holidays are here and junk mail attacks are on the rise.

? cleaning Junk daily ?

Why are you micro-managing a Junk folder. It's Junk, forget about it. House clean as needed every year/six months/what ever.

"auto delete junk mail completely?" —I would never recommend this.

The problem with this request...

It is not uncommon to have an email marked as Spam/Junk...and come to find out you are missing a expected valid email....where is it(?) —the first place to look is the Spam/Junk folder.

This would be akin to shooting yourself in the foot.

If Junk mail is not working for you as expected—

If junk mail filters aren’t working in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Change Junk Mail settings in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Reduce junk mail in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Mail advanced junk mail settings on Mac - Apple Support

Change Junk Mail Advanced settings in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Identify and filter junk mail in iCloud - Apple Support

Report and block spam in iCloud mail - Apple Support

Manage junk mail in Mail on iCloud.com

Manage junk mail in Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

How do I make a rule that can auto delete junk mail completely automatically?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.