Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a projector that supports 4K HDR at 30hz. Netflix streams 4K HDR at 60hz so my projector can’t display this faster frame rate so my question is can the Apple TV change the frame rate output from 60hz to 30hz when watching Netflix HDR?

I have a projector that supports 4K HDR at 30hz. Netflix streams 4K HDR at 60hz so my projector can’t display this faster frame rate so my question is can the Apple TV change the frame rate output from 60hz to 30hz when watching Netflix HDR?

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 5:38 PM

Set Apple TV to “Match Frame Rate” (and “Match Dynamic Range”), then content at 24 fps or 25 fps or 30 fps gets send as 24/25/30 Hz over HDMI, instead of 60 Hz. The default format is always 50 or 60 Hz, so you may also need to set SDR default, depending on detected capabilities and constraints.

Turn on Match Dynamic Range or Match Frame Rate on your Apple TV - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2022 5:38 PM in response to Cmeisterbrau

Set Apple TV to “Match Frame Rate” (and “Match Dynamic Range”), then content at 24 fps or 25 fps or 30 fps gets send as 24/25/30 Hz over HDMI, instead of 60 Hz. The default format is always 50 or 60 Hz, so you may also need to set SDR default, depending on detected capabilities and constraints.

Turn on Match Dynamic Range or Match Frame Rate on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.