Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Avoid black frame around the pictures

I'm using 10.5.2 Now I edit some old video (from 1998) and when I want to export to ANY format it'll show black frame around the picture. Here's a screenshot

Please tell me what went wrong, how can I correcting this.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 11:51 AM

You seem to be doing a project in a vertical format (1080x1920), and your content is horizontal.

Cancel the export, then press Command-J to open the Project Inspector; click Modify, and change your project frame size to one that better matches your content - maybe 1920x1080.

5 replies

Dec 19, 2022 11:53 AM in response to svaradi

You’ve put your horizontal video into a vertical project. Make a new project and set the project properties to match the frame size of the original media. Easiest way, select your first clip to edit into the project. Right check and select New Project. With automatic settings the application will create a new project that matches the clip properties.

Avoid black frame around the pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.