You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update Apple ID Settings Notification

Somehow I logged my husband into my phone with his Apple ID, we were trying to connect his laptop and my phone (at the time it was a iPhone 7+) so we could facetime while he was away for work. Ever sense then I've had this notification to Update Apple ID Settings, but it's his Apple ID, not mine (I'm already logged into the phone with mine). I thought getting a new phone, the notification would go away, but NOPE!

My question is, how can I remove this? I'm not able to hook up the new AirTags I bought because of this.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 12:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 1:00 PM

Try going to Settings, then tap on your name/photo box in the very top. At the bottom of that screen is a red "Sign Out" button. You should then be able to sign back in with your Apple ID.

If that doesn't work, then you can try erasing your iPhone and restoring from a backup, assuming that you had iCloud backups turned on.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 21, 2022 1:00 PM in response to SabrinaSTL

Try going to Settings, then tap on your name/photo box in the very top. At the bottom of that screen is a red "Sign Out" button. You should then be able to sign back in with your Apple ID.

If that doesn't work, then you can try erasing your iPhone and restoring from a backup, assuming that you had iCloud backups turned on.

Update Apple ID Settings Notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.