Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emojis not showing up on Touch Bar

This is a post copied from user Oliwia146 on 2018.

Emojis not showing up on touch bar - Apple Community

Hello everyone,

Ever since I updated my M1 MacBook Pro to macOS Monterey, the emojis stopped showing up after pressing the emoji icon on my Touch Bar. The touch bar goes black when I do so, and there is still an exit button where it's supposed to be, but even when I click on it it's not responding; basically the Touch Bar freezes when I try to use the emoji option. Other than that the Touch Bar is fine though. The Touch Bar is actually the main reason why I got a MBP over a MBA so that matter really disappoints me. Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix that issue?

Hi Apple, can you solve the problem on macOS Ventura 13?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 22, 2022 1:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2022 4:52 AM

Sergitario wrote:

Hello everyone,
Ever since I updated my M1 MacBook Pro to macOS Monterey, the emojis stopped showing up after pressing the emoji icon on my Touch Bar. The touch bar goes black when I do so, and there is still an exit button where it's supposed to be, but even when I click on it it's not responding; basically the Touch Bar freezes when I try to use the emoji option. Other than that the Touch Bar is fine though. The Touch Bar is actually the main reason why I got a MBP over a MBA so that matter really disappoints me. Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix that issue?

You can try going to Font Book.app and resolving the duplicate of the Apple Color Emoji font

Font Book User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

alt ref:

Missing Emojis from Touch Bar - Apple Community

No resolve you can try A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

You can always access emojis from the keyboard: Control Command Spacebar

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2022 4:52 AM in response to Sergitario

Sergitario wrote:

Hello everyone,

You can try going to Font Book.app and resolving the duplicate of the Apple Color Emoji font

Font Book User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

alt ref:

Missing Emojis from Touch Bar - Apple Community

No resolve you can try A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

You can always access emojis from the keyboard: Control Command Spacebar

Emojis not showing up on Touch Bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.