You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Caps lock light coming on on iPad Smart Keyboard Folio

I just got the ipad gen 9 and tried my Smart Keyboard Folio. I can type on it however the led light on the caps lock isn’t turning on. When I try typing in passwords, I have them wrong because of the caps lock. Please help!!!!

Posted on Dec 22, 2022 2:34 PM

1 reply

Dec 26, 2022 7:25 AM in response to 167LAURIE

Hi 167LAURIE,

There are a few steps you can try in order to troubleshoot this issue.

1. If you have not done so already, restart your iPad. Restart can help when experiencing unexpected issue. Check out how to restart your iPad here: Restart your iPad- Apple Support.
  2. If this is happening in a specific app, confirm there are no updates available for your apps. App updates contain bug fixes that can help app to function as expected. Check out how to manually update your apps here: How to manually update apps on your Apple device- Apple Support.
  3. Confirm that your iPadOS is up to date running the latest. The iPad contains bug fixes that can help with the functionality of your device. Check out: Update your iPhone or iPad- Apple Support

Hope that helps!

Caps lock light coming on on iPad Smart Keyboard Folio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.