Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac doesnt remember display setup

Honestly, I've seen several threads about this issue. Whenever I use external monitors I have to go into display preferences and rearrange everything again. This NEVER happened until I switched to Big Sur. I've seen it blamed on dual Samsung monitors and yes, I have one Samsung. But I use DUET on my iPad as the third monitor and everything always worked fine TILL I SWITCHED TO BIG SUR. It was totally plug-and-play. I only had to set up each arrangement ONCE and mu computer remembered them all. This has been true of all prior OS iterations, I've used multiple monitors since OS9. This is an Apple thing, not a Samsung thing. Big Sur simply doesn't remember my various display preferences. I've seen all the attempted workarounds and from those its clear as day that the OS is the problem. Has Apple done anything about it?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Dec 22, 2022 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 7:42 PM

Wondering if anyone is sending feedback to Apple.

and

whether updating to Monterey or Ventura makes a difference.

Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply

Mac doesnt remember display setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.