Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Display Configuration Constantly Resetting

Every time my screen times out, I lock, restart or boot my MacStudio, my display configuration changes.

My main display is reverted and the arrangement of my screens is reverted. It is beyond frustrating to have to reconfigure my displays every time I walk away from my machine, or boot it for the day.

Why can't MacOS save and retain my display configuration choices. This is truely infuriating.

Mac Studio (2022)

Posted on Mar 8, 2023 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 7:32 AM

This is Apple's user to user forum and as a dual display user, I feel your pain.

Your best bet is to send feedback directly to Apple.

Feedback - Mac Studio - Apple

Feedback - macOS - Apple

FWIW this issue is not limited to latest macOS or the Mac Studio. It started way back in Mojave on our Mac mini's running dual displays and has been this way ever since.

The work around is to disable Auto computer sleep. Then allow the displays to sleep (turn off) after 10 or 15 minutes of inactivity or use a Hot Corner to sleep the displays.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2023 7:32 AM in response to J3nk0J1

This is Apple's user to user forum and as a dual display user, I feel your pain.

Your best bet is to send feedback directly to Apple.

Feedback - Mac Studio - Apple

Feedback - macOS - Apple

FWIW this issue is not limited to latest macOS or the Mac Studio. It started way back in Mojave on our Mac mini's running dual displays and has been this way ever since.

The work around is to disable Auto computer sleep. Then allow the displays to sleep (turn off) after 10 or 15 minutes of inactivity or use a Hot Corner to sleep the displays.

MacOS Display Configuration Constantly Resetting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.