Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting icloud storage and reinstalling it

I was transferring data from my old phone to my new phone but didn't want to transfer my messages because it was taking up too much space in both my icloud storage and phone storage. I wanted to delete my messages from my icloud storage to make space, but also wanted to sync my new iPhone with my mac after deleting the messages. Would that be possible, or would it redownload all my old texts as well?

iPhone 14 Plus

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 11:43 AM

If you are syncing messages with iCloud, whatever you do on one device is reflected across devices and also in iCloud. So if you delete the messages on your phone, they will also be deleted in iCloud and on your Mac and there will be nothing to sync or download with regard to messages.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2022 11:43 AM in response to BookPie

If you are syncing messages with iCloud, whatever you do on one device is reflected across devices and also in iCloud. So if you delete the messages on your phone, they will also be deleted in iCloud and on your Mac and there will be nothing to sync or download with regard to messages.

Deleting icloud storage and reinstalling it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.