Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come HDR works on new Apple TV 2022 but not HDR10+? I have a new Samsung tv that supports HDR10 and high speed hdmi cables.

HDR10+ not working but HDR10 works?

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 1:35 PM

HDR10+ needs to be enabled on both the Apple TV and your Samsung TV. For the Apple TV Settings->Video and Audio->Match Content-> set Range and Frame rate to ON. For your Samsung TV read the user guide for the option to enable HDR10+. This option is usually not enabled by default. Also, if your signal is passing through an AVR (Denon, Sony, Yamaha, Okyo, etc) that must also support HDR10+ and be properly optioned. It’s not plug and play.

There should also be a test option on the Apple TV to see if everything is set up right. There is one for Dolly Vision so I would assume one also exist for HDR10+

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2022 1:35 PM in response to Dumbdriver

HDR10+ needs to be enabled on both the Apple TV and your Samsung TV. For the Apple TV Settings->Video and Audio->Match Content-> set Range and Frame rate to ON. For your Samsung TV read the user guide for the option to enable HDR10+. This option is usually not enabled by default. Also, if your signal is passing through an AVR (Denon, Sony, Yamaha, Okyo, etc) that must also support HDR10+ and be properly optioned. It’s not plug and play.

There should also be a test option on the Apple TV to see if everything is set up right. There is one for Dolly Vision so I would assume one also exist for HDR10+

How come HDR works on new Apple TV 2022 but not HDR10+? I have a new Samsung tv that supports HDR10 and high speed hdmi cables.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.