Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac Mail app crashes after click Yahoo button

ATT& Yahoo are closing old versions of mail-box. You are required to re-log-in to switch to the newest version. Click Here. After clicking the button, the Mail app crashed and will not open. It opens up but immediately crashes. How do I contact "free" Yahoo tech support to have them undo what they did. It also wiped out a Google email account included my Mail app.

iMac 21.5″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 6:37 PM

Hello!

There are known compatibility issues with new email messages in the Mail app in the older OS X El Capitan software. If you let us know what year and model your Mac is, we can tell you if you can upgrade to a newer version of macOS to avoid this issue.

Jack

Similar questions

5 replies

Dec 28, 2022 11:58 PM in response to carlelew

I have noticed of late that the very old version of Apple Mail has a lot of problems now with certain mail services.

Especially ones that use newer email ID verification codings today.

Many times, for me it takes the Mac OS X 10.11.6 version of Mail an inordinate of time to access my email services and many times I was getting an initial crash before my email would, eventually, load.

I finally gave up on that version of Apple Mail and started using a version of Thundebird Mail still compatible with MacOS X 10.11.6 El Capitán and this has been working much better than that very old version of Apple Mail

That old version of Apple Mail just is no longer able to handle the newer, updated email ID verifications now being used in many new and existing email services.

Found here.

https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/

Best of Luck to You!

iMac Mail app crashes after click Yahoo button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.