Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro M2 Kernel Panicking and Keeps Restarting

Hello guys. Today when I was using my new MBP M2 it suddenly restarted and now restarting every 4-5 minutes when I turn it on. Could you help me with this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 10:20 PM

tuneddriver Said:

"Macbook Pro M2 Kernel Panicking and Keeps Restarting: Hello guys. Today when I was using my new MBP M2 it suddenly restarted and now restarting every 4-5 minutes when I turn it on. Could you help me with this?"

-------

Thank you for the photo.

Troubleshooting a Mac in a Boot Loop:

Being continuous, it seems there is an error in the caches. So, refer to the following...

A. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

B. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Basel Macs Only): Sometimes changes (i.e. Installations) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. Networking) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset the SMC and reset the NVRAM or PRAM. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Start With This:

C. Re-Mount the Drive:

Boot into Recovery Mode (Intel or Silicon) . You need to click the “Mount’ button to proceed. So, select the drives, and then click "Mount" Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more. It looks dulled-out. So, if you cannot click it, then click the First Aid button to fix this volume.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2022 10:20 PM in response to tuneddriver

tuneddriver Said:

"Macbook Pro M2 Kernel Panicking and Keeps Restarting: Hello guys. Today when I was using my new MBP M2 it suddenly restarted and now restarting every 4-5 minutes when I turn it on. Could you help me with this?"

-------

Thank you for the photo.

Troubleshooting a Mac in a Boot Loop:

Being continuous, it seems there is an error in the caches. So, refer to the following...

A. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

B. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Basel Macs Only): Sometimes changes (i.e. Installations) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. Networking) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset the SMC and reset the NVRAM or PRAM. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Start With This:

C. Re-Mount the Drive:

Boot into Recovery Mode (Intel or Silicon) . You need to click the “Mount’ button to proceed. So, select the drives, and then click "Mount" Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more. It looks dulled-out. So, if you cannot click it, then click the First Aid button to fix this volume.

Dec 24, 2022 9:21 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

You are right. I think it's about the wifi. Nothing is plugged onto computer and I still get this panic. And also after 3-4 hours panics started again. But this time there are several different panics. The interesting thing is that when the mac is connected to wifi network it restarts every 3 minutes but when I immediately turn if the wifi after booting up mac stays open and never restarts. I am adding the photos of panics below.

Dec 25, 2022 6:28 AM in response to tuneddriver

that's a variety of different issue related to Bus interfaces and WiFi hardware. You should make a Genius Bar appointment to have your Mac looked at. If you can, try running there diagnostic, but that may be very difficult.

One more thing you always do to separate Hardware from added Software, is try to replicate the issue in Safe mode, where no third-party add-on are loaded automatically.

Macbook Pro M2 Kernel Panicking and Keeps Restarting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.