Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch Ultra Open Water Swim GPS Accuracy Problem

Dear Apple community,

I have been using the Apple Watch Ultra for two months to track my daily open water swim sessions. I live by the Aegean Sea, the weather is almost always perfectly clear and without clouds. Ultra performed perfectly accurate swim distance measurement every day for the last two months. However, for the last 5 days, it's not performing and measuring at least 500 meters extra every swim session. I usually swim around 1,5-2 kilometers with a pace of 1:50/100m. Now the Ultra is recording extra distance that I didn't swim and thus also recording my pace as 1:10/100m which is impossible for me. This is such a let down and disappointment. I bought this device just for the purpose of tracking my Open Water Swim sessions accurately. It worked well for the last two months but now not anymore and I have no idea how to get this fixed. I suppose it's not hardware but a software problem? I suppose it might have happened after the latest Watch OS software update. I don't know.

Apple we need your support asap!

Anyone else having the same issue?

(I swim together with a friend who has Watch 6, and his device has been recording perfectly accurate...)

Apple Watch Ultra

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 2:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 2:50 AM

Here is an article about recalibrating your watch.

Calibrate your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy – Apple Support

You might want to

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

and then

Set up your Apple Watch

If no better you may want to unpair then set up without restoring the backup.

You may also want to make sure the software on the watch is up to date.

Update your Apple Watch

If you've completed that troubleshooting and the issue is still not resolved, Contact Support.

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers 

Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2022 2:50 AM in response to 007mrdr

Here is an article about recalibrating your watch.

Calibrate your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy – Apple Support

You might want to

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

and then

Set up your Apple Watch

If no better you may want to unpair then set up without restoring the backup.

You may also want to make sure the software on the watch is up to date.

Update your Apple Watch

If you've completed that troubleshooting and the issue is still not resolved, Contact Support.

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers 

Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Watch Ultra Open Water Swim GPS Accuracy Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.