Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If someone puts me in an unwanted text group, I can’t leave the group?

So if someone puts me in a group text and I never wanted to be in that group text, I have no choice but to continue to receive them? You know, apple really needs to fix this problem

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 1:30 PM

I want to leave the conversation because there is someone in it that I want no communication with. Muting it just mutes conversation replies, but they are still there for everyone to see. So that answer scores a zero. Blocking participants is not an answer either because my phone number is still in the text for the unwanted person to see. It’s a matter of privacy, and Apple again, needs to fix this issue.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2022 1:30 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

I want to leave the conversation because there is someone in it that I want no communication with. Muting it just mutes conversation replies, but they are still there for everyone to see. So that answer scores a zero. Blocking participants is not an answer either because my phone number is still in the text for the unwanted person to see. It’s a matter of privacy, and Apple again, needs to fix this issue.

Dec 24, 2022 1:19 PM in response to 1966Bryan

You can ask the people in the text to start a new thread without you. You can block the people in the text or you can mute the conversation. Personally, if the people in a text group 1)added me without asking and 2) refused to create a new group without me, I’d block them all.

If you want Apple to know your thoughts on the matter, use the feedback page:

Product Feedback - Apple

Dec 24, 2022 1:38 PM in response to 1966Bryan

1966Bryan wrote:

It’s a matter of privacy, and Apple again, needs to fix this issue.

This is a user-to-to user forum. Apple isn’t here. You can submit feedback to them using the link I provided above. Meanwhile, mute the thread, don’t respond to it and don’t look at it. Block the person you don’t want to talk to. You cannot be in communication with someone if you completely ignore them.

Dec 24, 2022 1:39 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Again, how does muting the conversation solve anything for me except to keep me from getting notified of replies. Blocking everyone on a ten participant list is is an irrational answer as well. I communicate with some people on that list on an almost hourly basis. All I want to do is delete my participation and contact info on ONE group message. And that’s too hard for Apple to understand? What about the privacy they claim to value?

Dec 24, 2022 1:44 PM in response to 1966Bryan

1966Bryan wrote:

Again, how does muting the conversation solve anything for me except to keep me from getting notified of replies.

Combine that with not looking at the replies and you’re not engaged in the thread. No communication is happening with you and the thread.

Blocking everyone on a ten participant list is is an irrational answer as well. I communicate with some people on that list on an almost hourly basis.

If those people you communicate with regularly are not willing to create a new thread without you in it, they are not being at all respectful of you. Just something to think about.

All I want to do is delete my participation and contact info on ONE group message. And that’s too hard for Apple to understand? What about the privacy they claim to value?

I have no idea what Apple understands or doesn’t understand. Or what technical limitations there may be.

Dec 24, 2022 2:01 PM in response to 1966Bryan

1966Bryan wrote:

Let me rephrase the question. How do i keep one certain person on that original list from seeing my contact number for the whole world to know if that person hands it out? I didn’t give that person my number for a reason, because they have harassed me in the past.

You can’t. That ship has sailed. Someone else gave that person your number by including you in the group text. Even if it were possible to remove you from the group, they would still have access to your number because, when you are removed from a group, you’re removed going forward. Your previous texts are still there of everyone’s phone.

Block that person. If they are harassing you, contact law enforcement. Make sure that you are clear to friends and acquaintances that you are never to be added to a group without your express permission.

If someone puts me in an unwanted text group, I can’t leave the group?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.