Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Admin name change on MacBook Pro 2017 OS Ventura 13.0.1? Thank you.

Hello,

I would like to change the Admin name? Can I do that?

Also, I try to erase using Transfer or reset to Erase All Content and Setting. It says this Mac not support.

Model: MacBook Pro 2017 OS Ventura 13.0.1?

Thanks

Vinh

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 12:01 PM

I do not recommend any attempt to CHANGE the name on a an Account on your Mac. These forums have far too many posts from users who tried that, and were completely locked out of their Mac.

Instead, create a NEW admin account for administration, and a new User account for daily use, with names to your liking.

If you wish, an Admin account will allow you to copy files from another account.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2022 12:01 PM in response to VinhTranPA

I do not recommend any attempt to CHANGE the name on a an Account on your Mac. These forums have far too many posts from users who tried that, and were completely locked out of their Mac.

Instead, create a NEW admin account for administration, and a new User account for daily use, with names to your liking.

If you wish, an Admin account will allow you to copy files from another account.

Admin name change on MacBook Pro 2017 OS Ventura 13.0.1? Thank you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.