📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Stop iTunes Store Sign In Pop Up Window

How to Stop iTunes Store Sign In Pop Up Window?

When this question was asked by someone else once before, the answers were to the wrong question (how to stop the itunes window). No. I want to know how to stop the constant, annoying SIGN IN popup insisting that I login to the itunes store.

It never used to come up or bug me. I have done NOTHING to my computer - no auto updates, no manual updates, no new software, etc. I have a manual firewall that blocks any intrusion that I don't want...

and yet suddenly, here's this ****** popup demanding over and over and over that I sign in. I DON'T WANT TO SIGN IN. If ever I do, I'll do so manually when I want to, and not at the behest of an annoying popup. Probably part of the Chiinese invasion of everything Apple and everything network... not happy!

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 2:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 3:09 PM

Similar, but not the same. It does not say required to sign in to Apple account; it says sign in to the iTunes Store, as per this screen shot:

I hit Cancel over and over but it keeps popping up. It goes quiet for a short while then starts up again.

3 replies

How to Stop iTunes Store Sign In Pop Up Window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.