Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I delete the current administrator on my macbook air?

Trying to delete the original administrator on my macbook air, and the little minus button is not working aka its not letting me. heres a picture of what it looks like:

as you can see that little minus button is not available for me to click... please help!!1

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 7:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 7:36 PM

Hi ellen1111,

You can't delete the user account that you're currently using.

To delete the highlighted account, log out of your Mac (Apple menu in the top left -> Log out), then sign in to a different user account. From there, you can delete this account.

3 replies

Dec 26, 2022 8:11 AM in response to ellen1111

This for instructions:

Change Users & Groups settings on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

You have 2 admin accounts in the Users & Groups panel. Best to make a record of your new admin password etc. You may also want to populate the new account with your preferred software + documents + whatever. Once happy and only then delete the old admin account.

If Ellen Scott is your new admin account then login to that account. It should be possible to delete the Ellen admin account at that point. See Encryptor5000 'You can't delete the user account that you're currently using.'

Dave

how do I delete the current administrator on my macbook air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.