Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i install iworks in iMAC

I am using macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7. I would like to install iWorks but the system is saying'Pages can’t be installed on “Macintosh HD” because macOS version 12 or later is required.'. Is there a work around this?

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 1:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 6:52 AM

At best, you can only get the v11.1 Pages, Numbers, and Keynote applications installed on Catalina at this point. The current 12.2.1 versions are strictly for macOS Monterey and later.

What dialabrain said.

On the other hand, if you did previously install Pages, Numbers, or Keynote with the same Apple ID at some point in the past after Oct 2013, then you can get the last compatible version of these applications for Catalina. That process would entail launching the Mac App Store, signing in with that same Apple ID, and pressing cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchases panel. If these applications appear there with a blue cloud symbol, click that and you will be offered the last compatible version for Catalina.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2022 6:52 AM in response to MoUsman

At best, you can only get the v11.1 Pages, Numbers, and Keynote applications installed on Catalina at this point. The current 12.2.1 versions are strictly for macOS Monterey and later.

What dialabrain said.

On the other hand, if you did previously install Pages, Numbers, or Keynote with the same Apple ID at some point in the past after Oct 2013, then you can get the last compatible version of these applications for Catalina. That process would entail launching the Mac App Store, signing in with that same Apple ID, and pressing cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchases panel. If these applications appear there with a blue cloud symbol, click that and you will be offered the last compatible version for Catalina.

How can i install iworks in iMAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.