Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2013 21.5” desktop yosemite

I have an older model, 21.5 inch desktop 2013 model. I have wiped the hard drive off and downloaded Yosemite 10.10.5 back onto the machine. That is the original OS for this computer. In setting the machine back up I cannot log onto the App Store. When I put my password in it says incorrect password. I am 100% certain it is correct. I have signed out of iCloud, closed the applications and restarted the machine, signed back into iCloud and attempted to sign into the App Store with no success. Every time I try to sign into the App Store. I get a ping on my phone about another device requesting to login. I hit accept and receive a two factor authentication code, but I am never ask for it in the signing process. Ultimately, I would like to upgrade to a newer operating system, but cannot seem to get anywhere.

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 7:12 PM

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities mackentucky,

It sounds like you are trying to log into the iTunes and App Stores on an older OS X version using an Apple ID with two-factor authentication. On older macOS and OS X versions, you will not receive a separate verification code prompt. Instead, you will enter the verification code following the steps below:

1. Sign into the iTunes and App Store on your Mac as usual
  2. When the code arrives on your trusted device, a new password field should appear for you to log in on your Mac. Type your password, immediately followed by the verification code received in the password field. Example: if your password is Password and your verification code is 123456, you will enter Password123456.
  3. Click Sign In or Done, whichever option is available.

If you are still unable to log in, do not hesitate to respond back.

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2022 7:12 PM in response to mackentucky

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities mackentucky,

It sounds like you are trying to log into the iTunes and App Stores on an older OS X version using an Apple ID with two-factor authentication. On older macOS and OS X versions, you will not receive a separate verification code prompt. Instead, you will enter the verification code following the steps below:

1. Sign into the iTunes and App Store on your Mac as usual
  2. When the code arrives on your trusted device, a new password field should appear for you to log in on your Mac. Type your password, immediately followed by the verification code received in the password field. Example: if your password is Password and your verification code is 123456, you will enter Password123456.
  3. Click Sign In or Done, whichever option is available.

If you are still unable to log in, do not hesitate to respond back.

Cheers!

2013 21.5” desktop yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.