Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone ios apple pay 'hold near reader'? I am no where near any reader, entirely different situation...

Trying to send my grandson some money using Apple Pay. iPhone 13 Pro, ios 16.1.2

I add a debit card successfully. I try to use it to send him money. After adding the card, it asks me to "Double Click to Pay" which I do.

Then it says "Pay with Passcode", which I do no problem.

Then it says "Hold Near Reader" - I'm not doing an in store transaction. There is no way for me to get past this screen. If I don't do what it wants, it goes back to the "Double Click to Pay". Rinse and repeat indefinitely.

This appears to be poorly tested software to me.

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks!

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 2:45 PM

Don't use the double click to pay method when sending Apple Cash. The double click to pay option is only for paying in stores. To send money, see instructions in Send and receive money with Apple Cash - Apple Support

2 replies

iPhone ios apple pay 'hold near reader'? I am no where near any reader, entirely different situation...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.