Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV cannot connect to computer anymore

I used to be able to watch content from my MacBook Pro's TV library via the Apple TV (I would choose the Computers icon and it would connect to the TV library). But now, the Apple TV cannot connect to the library. I keep getting this message, "Make sure the computer is on the same network as your Apple TV."

The Apple TV is of course on the same network as the Macbook Pro, as it has always been. Why won't it work anymore?

Apple TV HD, tvOS 16

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 6:00 AM

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

• Verify that the Mac is on and awake, and that Home Sharing is activated in System Preferences (for macOS 10.15 or later).
  • Verify that your router doesn’t have the network split up in segments with different SSID network names, as the different segments wouldn’t be able to communicate with each other. Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support
  • Try restarting the Mac, router, and Apple TV box.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2022 6:00 AM in response to con_apple

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

• Verify that the Mac is on and awake, and that Home Sharing is activated in System Preferences (for macOS 10.15 or later).
  • Verify that your router doesn’t have the network split up in segments with different SSID network names, as the different segments wouldn’t be able to communicate with each other. Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support
  • Try restarting the Mac, router, and Apple TV box.

Apple TV cannot connect to computer anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.