Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sign in with correct password by to icloud

Cannot sign in with correct password to icloud

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 1:36 PM

Hey there JEANNIEK1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities.

To get started, if you're having issues with signing into iCloud, check out the steps listed in the following resource that can help: If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud - Apple Support

If still having issues after going through the steps above, can you provide us with more details on what happens when you try signing in? For example, are you seeing any particular alerts or messages?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2022 1:36 PM in response to JEANNIEK1

Hey there JEANNIEK1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities.

To get started, if you're having issues with signing into iCloud, check out the steps listed in the following resource that can help: If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud - Apple Support

If still having issues after going through the steps above, can you provide us with more details on what happens when you try signing in? For example, are you seeing any particular alerts or messages?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers!

Dec 29, 2022 12:54 PM in response to JEANNIEK1

Thank you for the clarification JEANNIEK1, it’s appreciated.

Did you happen to recently change your Apple ID password? If you have, did you sign out of your Apple ID using the old password first?

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support -- If the answer to the first question is yes, and the answer to the second question is no, you’ll need to sign out of your old information and sign in with the new. This article lists each Apple Service you may be using. You’ll need to perform this on all devices you’ve signed into with your Apple ID.

If you haven’t recently changed your Apple ID password, please reach out to Apple Support for further help: Get Support

All the best.

Dec 29, 2022 12:41 PM in response to Chris_V89

Actually, it wasn’t the icloud sign in directle. I receive a notice that says “update Apple ID Settings”. When I enter the correct password, it just returns to the same screen, but then I cannot enter anything…It just continues back to that original. I have tried to shut the phone off and restart, but it again asks for ID password, and repeats the issue.

i have reentered new passwords 5 times, and my iPad will accept the password, the iphone 12 Pro Max will not.

Cannot sign in with correct password by to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.