You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot login to iCloud on Windows 10 - Red X Error

Since the last upgrade to iCloud for Windows, I am unable to login. My password is correct as I confirmed it at iCloud.com.

After entering my credentials on the desktop version, there is a pause, then a pop-up with nothing but a red X in the small window.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 9:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 10:12 AM

Hi gabrewer55,

In this case we'd recommend deleting the iCloud control panel and installing it again to see if the issue persists. You can learn how to do that here: Download iCloud for Windows

If things persist you can reach out for additional support here: Get Support

Take care.

Similar questions

7 replies

Jan 16, 2023 4:01 AM in response to rolfrijk

It seems no one at Apple and/or Microsoft is in any hurry to address this. On another thread on this same issue, at the Windows forum, I posted on how I found a workaround.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-wintop_apps-win_subtopwinapps/cant-log-in-to-icloud-for-windows-11-no-error/c3d44091-f305-4b65-ae76-7c784cf0093f?messageId=21d29fc0-ace7-4ca7-924b-d9615dfef913

In summary, I uninstalled the current version causing the problem and I rolled back to the previous version. I also paused any Windows Updates so that iCloud would not be automatically updated again.

Mar 12, 2023 9:17 AM in response to gabrewer55

I was able to fix this by deleting my Outlook profile (via control panel/mail) and creating a new one. It sounds odd but once I built a new profile and added my accounts, iCloud started working and the red X and all issues went away. I had this issue on multiple machines and the only fix was a new Outlook profile. Hope this helps someone.

Cannot login to iCloud on Windows 10 - Red X Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.