Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect IPhone Files app to a shared folder?

I want to connect iPhone Files app to a shared folder on my computer. I follow the instruction of Kevin Stratvert. I set up everything correctly on my computer. However, when I try to connect to my iPhone 13's Server, it keeps popping up "There was a problem connecting to the server. Asking me to check the server name or IP address. Or contact my system administrator. I don't know how to contact the system administrator. Can anyone help me to resolve this problem? Thanks for your help!

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 2:42 PM

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities Simonology,

We can certainly understand your concern and can help provide some insight.

We recommend checking out these steps on how to use the Files app and see if that matches up with your procedures.

" Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Find and edit your files from any iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

How to find your files in the Files app

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open the Files app. Don't see the blue Files app icon on your Home Screen? Just swipe down, then search for the Files app.

iPhone search results showing the Files app icon.

2. In the Files app, search or browse for the file that you want.

iPhone search results for WIP, the name of a folder containing files.

Use the Files app to manage your files on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can manage your files in the Files app. When you make changes to your files on one device, your edits are automatically updated on every device using iCloud Drive.

In the Files app, you can find:

• Files on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that you're using
  • Files in iCloud Drive, including Pages, Numbers, and Keynote documents
  • Files in other cloud services and apps, like Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Drive, and more 
  • Zip files*

The Files app doesn't contain your photo library. But you can save a photo to the Files app. "

For additional information, check out this link: Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

These steps will help ensure your device is working with ease and can fix common issues like the ones you’re experiencing.

You can also check out these links as well for transferring and sharing files:

1. Use iTunes to share files between your computer and your iOS or iPadOS device - Apple Support
  2. Intro to transferring files between your iPhone and computer - Apple Support

Kindest regards!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2022 2:42 PM in response to Simonology

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities Simonology,

We can certainly understand your concern and can help provide some insight.

We recommend checking out these steps on how to use the Files app and see if that matches up with your procedures.

" Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Find and edit your files from any iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

How to find your files in the Files app

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open the Files app. Don't see the blue Files app icon on your Home Screen? Just swipe down, then search for the Files app.

iPhone search results showing the Files app icon.

2. In the Files app, search or browse for the file that you want.

iPhone search results for WIP, the name of a folder containing files.

Use the Files app to manage your files on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can manage your files in the Files app. When you make changes to your files on one device, your edits are automatically updated on every device using iCloud Drive.

In the Files app, you can find:

• Files on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that you're using
  • Files in iCloud Drive, including Pages, Numbers, and Keynote documents
  • Files in other cloud services and apps, like Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Drive, and more 
  • Zip files*

The Files app doesn't contain your photo library. But you can save a photo to the Files app. "

For additional information, check out this link: Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

These steps will help ensure your device is working with ease and can fix common issues like the ones you’re experiencing.

You can also check out these links as well for transferring and sharing files:

1. Use iTunes to share files between your computer and your iOS or iPadOS device - Apple Support
  2. Intro to transferring files between your iPhone and computer - Apple Support

Kindest regards!

How to connect IPhone Files app to a shared folder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.