Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i want to know where the settings for a reply email in icloud mail are? been looking for an hour i don't want the thing to copy the original mail when I reply - how can i set that up

i want to know where the settings for a reply email in icloud mail are? been looking for an hour i don't want the thing to copy the original mail when I reply - how can i set that up

iMac 27″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 8:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 6:27 PM

Good evening sarabird341,

It sounds like you are wanting to control the content of replies in the Mail app on your Mac. The resource below will help with this:

Reply to, forward, or follow up on emails in Mail on Mac - Mail User Guide

"If you prefer to always omit the original message from your replies, choose Mail > Settings, click Composing, then deselect “Quote the text of the original message.”

Enjoy the rest of your day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2022 6:27 PM in response to sarabird341

Good evening sarabird341,

It sounds like you are wanting to control the content of replies in the Mail app on your Mac. The resource below will help with this:

Reply to, forward, or follow up on emails in Mail on Mac - Mail User Guide

"If you prefer to always omit the original message from your replies, choose Mail > Settings, click Composing, then deselect “Quote the text of the original message.”

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.