Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV hardware - black box is there a turn-in program

I have a model A1469 Apple TV box that's going on 10yrs of use, I was looking at upgrading to the newest 2022 release ...

Before I do that, ... what do you do with the older versions of the Apple TV box? Is there a turn-in system with apple? other vendors in general? Before getting rid of it, do i need to do anything (like delete my appleID user name etc. in settings??) Appreciate any guidance this community can provide.

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 9:04 PM

what do you do with the older versions of the Apple TV box? Is there a turn-in system with apple? other vendors in general?

- The Apple TV box is not a product for Trade In.

- You can try to sell it privately, if you can find a buyer.

- You can bring it in to Apple (or mail it in), and then they’ll take care of recycling the components at no cost to you. (Better than landfill.)

Before getting rid of it, do i need to do anything (like delete my appleID user name etc. in settings??) Appreciate any guidance this community can provide.

Yes, please reset the device to factory settings, to remove any customization, including accounts. Reset or restore your Apple TV to its factory settings - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2022 9:04 PM in response to eagle9002

what do you do with the older versions of the Apple TV box? Is there a turn-in system with apple? other vendors in general?

- The Apple TV box is not a product for Trade In.

- You can try to sell it privately, if you can find a buyer.

- You can bring it in to Apple (or mail it in), and then they’ll take care of recycling the components at no cost to you. (Better than landfill.)

Before getting rid of it, do i need to do anything (like delete my appleID user name etc. in settings??) Appreciate any guidance this community can provide.

Yes, please reset the device to factory settings, to remove any customization, including accounts. Reset or restore your Apple TV to its factory settings - Apple Support

Apple TV hardware - black box is there a turn-in program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.