Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Close all windows on iPhone

How can I close all open windows on iPhone at once?

iPhone 14

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 3:23 PM

Do you mean closing all apps? Apple says in Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch that "You should only close an app if it's unresponsive", which is to say that there is no need to close an app.

However, if you wish to do so there isn't a way to close them all at once, but you can close multiple apps if your fingers have some dexterity. Just as you can swipe upwards to close an app, you can close several at once by using one finger on each app simultaneously. I've observed however that most users simply close one at a time, but do it rapidly.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2022 3:23 PM in response to jnina

Do you mean closing all apps? Apple says in Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch that "You should only close an app if it's unresponsive", which is to say that there is no need to close an app.

However, if you wish to do so there isn't a way to close them all at once, but you can close multiple apps if your fingers have some dexterity. Just as you can swipe upwards to close an app, you can close several at once by using one finger on each app simultaneously. I've observed however that most users simply close one at a time, but do it rapidly.

Close all windows on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.