Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Control Center Bluetooth Bug

Im not really sure how to perfectly explain this situation but I recently got a the New AirPods Pros 2 and when I connected and set them up on my iPhone 14 Pro Max it works fine but I took them out for a few and noticed that in the control center it looked like they were still connected but they really were not when I held down on the Bluetooth it said they were not connected and I knew they were not because I could listen to audio from my phone so when I turned off Bluetooth and turned back it back on it still showed they were connected so then I restarted my phone at first it seem like it worked but the maybe 5 minutes go by it look at the control center Bluetooth again and it started to say I was connected again so another thing I tried doing was connected my AirPods and seeing what it would say and in the control center Bluetooth said it was connected to 2 devices it seems like my iPhone is stuck saying it’s connected to my AirPods and I’m really not sure what to do or to fix this it’s just kind of annoying (pictures show how the Bluetooth symbols is saying how it’s connected but when I press down it’s saying it’s not)

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 1:27 PM

Hello Mykymikey,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with Bluetooth saying it is connected to your AirPods when it isn't. oes your iPhone need updating to iOS 16.2? Do you have a recent backup for the data in your iPhone in iCloud or your computer? If not, we recommend that you create one as described here: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch 

Then update your iOS as outlined here: Update your iPhone or iPad

Also, try resetting the AIrPods to see if that clears the connection: How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro

"You might need to reset your AirPods if they won't charge, or to fix a different issue.

1. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and close the lid.
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. Open the lid of your charging case, and put your AirPods in your ears.
  4. Go to Settings > Bluetooth. Or go to Settings > [your AirPods].
    • If your AirPods appear there as connected, tap the More Info button  next to your AirPods, tap Forget This Device, then tap again to confirm.
    • If your AirPods don't appear there, continue to the next step. 
  1. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and keep the lid open. 
  2. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light on the front of the case flashes amber, then white.*
  3. AirPods charging cases

4. Reconnect your AirPods: With your AirPods in their charging case and the lid open, place your AirPods close to your iPhone or iPad. Follow the steps on your device's screen.

AirPods can be associated with one Apple ID. If you want to use AirPods (3rd generation) or AirPods Pro (1st or 2nd generation) that someone else has used, they first need to remove the AirPods from their Apple ID."

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2022 1:27 PM in response to Mykymikey

Hello Mykymikey,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with Bluetooth saying it is connected to your AirPods when it isn't. oes your iPhone need updating to iOS 16.2? Do you have a recent backup for the data in your iPhone in iCloud or your computer? If not, we recommend that you create one as described here: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch 

Then update your iOS as outlined here: Update your iPhone or iPad

Also, try resetting the AIrPods to see if that clears the connection: How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro

"You might need to reset your AirPods if they won't charge, or to fix a different issue.

1. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and close the lid.
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. Open the lid of your charging case, and put your AirPods in your ears.
  4. Go to Settings > Bluetooth. Or go to Settings > [your AirPods].
    • If your AirPods appear there as connected, tap the More Info button  next to your AirPods, tap Forget This Device, then tap again to confirm.
    • If your AirPods don't appear there, continue to the next step. 
  1. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and keep the lid open. 
  2. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light on the front of the case flashes amber, then white.*
  3. AirPods charging cases

4. Reconnect your AirPods: With your AirPods in their charging case and the lid open, place your AirPods close to your iPhone or iPad. Follow the steps on your device's screen.

AirPods can be associated with one Apple ID. If you want to use AirPods (3rd generation) or AirPods Pro (1st or 2nd generation) that someone else has used, they first need to remove the AirPods from their Apple ID."

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

iPhone Control Center Bluetooth Bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.