Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Insufficient Disk space

I have run the diagnostics. The largest memory consumption item on my iMac is listed as "Other". It is grayed out and I cannot access it to make changes to reduce the size of the item. Need help as I have less than 2 GB of hard disk space left and I am receiving a pop up message that states "Insufficient disk space!"

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 11:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 6:56 AM

I understand the storage space on your Mac is full or nearly full. Refer to Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support.

Optimize storage space on your Mac - Apple Support also offers some suggestions.

If you determine that the "Other" category is occupying an inexplicably large amount of storage, refer to See used and available storage space on your Mac - Apple Support. Pay particular attention to the description of System Data.

• What Apple used to label "Other" is now labeled "System Data".

You may find neuroanatomist's User Tip helpful: What is "Other" storage on a Mac, and how can I clean it out? - Apple Community.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2022 6:56 AM in response to Sebesq

I understand the storage space on your Mac is full or nearly full. Refer to Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support.

Optimize storage space on your Mac - Apple Support also offers some suggestions.

If you determine that the "Other" category is occupying an inexplicably large amount of storage, refer to See used and available storage space on your Mac - Apple Support. Pay particular attention to the description of System Data.

• What Apple used to label "Other" is now labeled "System Data".

You may find neuroanatomist's User Tip helpful: What is "Other" storage on a Mac, and how can I clean it out? - Apple Community.

Insufficient Disk space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.