Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air M1 trackpad stuck

The MacBook Air M1 trackpad stuck for a while and did not turn on

Just 1y old MacBook Air M1

steps to reproduce

• connect a cheap external USB hub for a while
  • connect the external hard drive to a cheap external USB hub for a while
  • disconnect a cheap external USB hub
  • plug-in power adapter
  • close your MacBook Air M1
  • after about 24 hours open MacBook Air M1

result:

• The power on the button doesn't work - MacBook Air M1 looks dead
  • The trackpad is stuck - not clickable (feels like something is under the trackpad preventing clicks)

How I solved it:

• Press and hold the power on button for about 10 sec. After that MacBook Air M1 is alive again and the trackpad is clickable again

The question is:

• What was the cause of the trackpad being stuck?

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 5:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 6:04 PM

It seems as though the Mac simply wasn't powering on the way it should, and the way to solve that was as you described.

If a Mac has no power its trackpad can provide no tactile feedback. It has no moving parts, so it only felt like there was an obstruction beneath it. It will feel solid as a rock. I realize you may find that hard to believe.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2022 6:04 PM in response to Pavlo_Kabanets

It seems as though the Mac simply wasn't powering on the way it should, and the way to solve that was as you described.

If a Mac has no power its trackpad can provide no tactile feedback. It has no moving parts, so it only felt like there was an obstruction beneath it. It will feel solid as a rock. I realize you may find that hard to believe.

MacBook Air M1 trackpad stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.