Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pairing hearing aid with MacBook pro

I have tried pairing my Starkey hearing aid with my MacBook Air. It does not show as an option in the bluetooth screen. Is there a way to connect the two? It works with iPhone (which I unpaired first).

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 9:42 AM

Your Starkey aids are MFi (Made For iPhone) which uses Bluetooth LE (low energy). The Bluetooth on your MacBook Air is Bluetooth Classic. They are different and you will not be able to pair with your MacBook Air. Talk to your audiologist to see if Starkey makes a device that will connect between your hearing aids and your MacBook Air.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2023 9:42 AM in response to jillbean2

Your Starkey aids are MFi (Made For iPhone) which uses Bluetooth LE (low energy). The Bluetooth on your MacBook Air is Bluetooth Classic. They are different and you will not be able to pair with your MacBook Air. Talk to your audiologist to see if Starkey makes a device that will connect between your hearing aids and your MacBook Air.

pairing hearing aid with MacBook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.