Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is Shuxun Liao in Background Items?

I was looking in my "Open at Login" and found in "Allow in the Background" a cryptic entry, "Shuxun Liao". I turned off it's toggle to allow, searched my computer & internet and found nothing.

Does anyone know what this pertains to?

2017 27" iMac running macOS 13.1

Thanks for any help

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 13.1

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 10:33 AM

Have you have installed anything like: Audiojingle, Ondesoft various audio converters (iTunes converter, Bitperfect ... other), or other audio converters or bit cleaners? Some of these have components that come from "Shuxun Liao" I believe they are all audio-related utilities.

If you don't recall, you can run Etrecheck and post the output here using the Additional text button below. It will show what is installed in an anonymous way (no personal info revealed, you can check this before you post the output, which is simple text).

Or you can check About This Mac ... System Report and look under Software Installations so see if one of the above shows up.

I don't think this is malware, I believe these are audio utilities that people install on purpose.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2022 10:33 AM in response to Rich B22

Have you have installed anything like: Audiojingle, Ondesoft various audio converters (iTunes converter, Bitperfect ... other), or other audio converters or bit cleaners? Some of these have components that come from "Shuxun Liao" I believe they are all audio-related utilities.

If you don't recall, you can run Etrecheck and post the output here using the Additional text button below. It will show what is installed in an anonymous way (no personal info revealed, you can check this before you post the output, which is simple text).

Or you can check About This Mac ... System Report and look under Software Installations so see if one of the above shows up.

I don't think this is malware, I believe these are audio utilities that people install on purpose.

Dec 31, 2022 10:28 AM in response to Rich B22

If the entry in the list has a small 'i' with a circle in it, you can click on it and it will open a finder window to the associated location. Or look in and view the files (Using TextEdit) in these locations to see if you can spot which one it is.

(Go to Finder, Go, enter /Library). Don't use your library from your username

/Library/LaunchDaemons

/Library/LaunchAgents

What is Shuxun Liao in Background Items?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.