Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have turned off ask to buy for my children but it still makes them ask for permission

I am the family organiser and I have turned off Ask To Buy for both of my children. However they are still being prompted to get their apps approved. I have ensured we are all on the most recent IOS (16.2 currently), both my settings and the other parent have ask to buy turned off. I have rebooted all the devices.

I want to turn it off because it’s hit and miss whether me or the other adult get the ask to buy notifications in the first place and also my children are at the point where I trust them to make the right decisions themselves.

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 7:35 PM

It should work as you describe.

Contact Apple. Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2023 7:35 PM in response to Jedra

It should work as you describe.

Contact Apple. Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

I have turned off ask to buy for my children but it still makes them ask for permission

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.