Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio not working for a specific movie only

I rented the Prince of Egypt but there’s no audio. Watching on a google chromecast, and the audio works on the Apple TV app on my phone plus other movies have audio on my tv. I have no idea what’s going on. And I paid to rent it so that’s lovely.

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 8:20 PM

scrambled-megs Said:

"Audio not working for a specific movie only: I rented the Prince of Egypt but there’s no audio. Watching on a google chromecast, and the audio works on the Apple TV app on my phone plus other movies have audio on my tv. I have no idea what’s going on. And I paid to rent it so that’s lovely."

-------

Seems you have a Corrupted File:

Call Apple --request a new purchase or rented item.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2023 8:20 PM in response to scrambled-megs

scrambled-megs Said:

"Audio not working for a specific movie only: I rented the Prince of Egypt but there’s no audio. Watching on a google chromecast, and the audio works on the Apple TV app on my phone plus other movies have audio on my tv. I have no idea what’s going on. And I paid to rent it so that’s lovely."

-------

Seems you have a Corrupted File:

Call Apple --request a new purchase or rented item.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Jan 2, 2023 8:52 PM in response to scrambled-megs

The Apple TV app on supported third party devices will use the audio configuration as set for the device. So verify that these settings match the audio speaker setup. E.g., set to stereo if you use a two speaker setup.

If you think the stream (media source) might be faulty, then contact the iTunes Store staff about that. They may be able to assist.

If it is not playable as it should at all, then you can request a refund.

Also please review: If you can't watch or stream movies and TV shows in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

on google chromecast

Did you mean ‘Chromecast with Google TV’ dongle, or something else? Something else might not be supported.

Audio not working for a specific movie only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.