Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Apple Music taking up almost 3 gigs of space ?

Why is Apple Music taking up a few gigs of space when I haven’t downloaded any music to my phone I only stream my music

iPhone SE

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 3:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 10:44 AM

Hello Joeymerrick

First and foremost, I would check the Apple Music App Storage used at "Settings > General > iPhone / iPad Storage > Music" and determine if there are indeed no music downloaded and stored locally in your device storage. Once you have established that there are no locally stored Music downloaded in your device, it is safe to assume, the space is taken up is due to "System Files" of the Music App, such as album art and other forms of Cache.

You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Music App from the App Store to see if this issue of taking up 3GB of space persists.

Regards

Zarke

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2023 10:44 AM in response to Joeymerrick

Hello Joeymerrick

First and foremost, I would check the Apple Music App Storage used at "Settings > General > iPhone / iPad Storage > Music" and determine if there are indeed no music downloaded and stored locally in your device storage. Once you have established that there are no locally stored Music downloaded in your device, it is safe to assume, the space is taken up is due to "System Files" of the Music App, such as album art and other forms of Cache.

You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Music App from the App Store to see if this issue of taking up 3GB of space persists.

Regards

Zarke

Why is Apple Music taking up almost 3 gigs of space ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.