Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of subtitles on apple tv

Titan(ES340A-d8UKIE),

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 12:44 PM

On third party devices with the Apple TV app,

there is a default setting for closed captioning in Apple TV app Settings ⚙﹥Accessibility﹥Subtitles and Captioning﹥Closed Captions and SDH﹥On

or it may follow the device settings.

During playback, you can press the down button on the smart TV or device remote to show the Subtitles pane, then select an option (Off, or a language).

Apple TV app user guide for smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple Support

Change subtitles or languages for videos in the Apple TV app or iTunes Store - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2023 12:44 PM in response to Joe7723

On third party devices with the Apple TV app,

there is a default setting for closed captioning in Apple TV app Settings ⚙﹥Accessibility﹥Subtitles and Captioning﹥Closed Captions and SDH﹥On

or it may follow the device settings.

During playback, you can press the down button on the smart TV or device remote to show the Subtitles pane, then select an option (Off, or a language).

Apple TV app user guide for smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple Support

Change subtitles or languages for videos in the Apple TV app or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.