Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ app

My appleTV app is permanently displaying subtitles. I have tried to switch them off using the "Closed Captions and SHD" command in the settings menu but this command is "Greyed Out" and therefore does not function. How do I swich the subtitles off.

xi6

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 4:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 7:19 AM

The Apple TV+ app on third party devices may follow the subtitles or closed caption default settings for the device, or have its own in-app Settings. It is not the same for all devices. Try finding the Accessibility settings through Settings both ways.

Separate from the defaults, users can change the settings during playback as described here: Change subtitles or languages for videos in the Apple TV app or iTunes Store - Apple Support

or here: Control what’s playing in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Xi6

Is that the Xfinity streaming box?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2023 7:19 AM in response to cankerio

The Apple TV+ app on third party devices may follow the subtitles or closed caption default settings for the device, or have its own in-app Settings. It is not the same for all devices. Try finding the Accessibility settings through Settings both ways.

Separate from the defaults, users can change the settings during playback as described here: Change subtitles or languages for videos in the Apple TV app or iTunes Store - Apple Support

or here: Control what’s playing in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Xi6

Is that the Xfinity streaming box?

Apple TV+ app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.