Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I seach for a movie on apple TV?

How do I search for a movie on Apple TV

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 6:50 AM

You can search in the TV app on the Apple TV box for titles, from the Search tab 🔍.

You can search in the Movies app, from the Search tab.

You can search in the Search app. While able to search for multiple apps/services, there are some limitations, in that other content providers must agree to make their catalog searchable for Apple. About Search on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Titles from certain content providers, may need to be searched for through their own app. Netflix comes to mind for this.

You can search your Home Sharing library from the Computers app, if your files have good tagging (meta data).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2023 6:50 AM in response to philippe4652

You can search in the TV app on the Apple TV box for titles, from the Search tab 🔍.

You can search in the Movies app, from the Search tab.

You can search in the Search app. While able to search for multiple apps/services, there are some limitations, in that other content providers must agree to make their catalog searchable for Apple. About Search on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Titles from certain content providers, may need to be searched for through their own app. Netflix comes to mind for this.

You can search your Home Sharing library from the Computers app, if your files have good tagging (meta data).

How do I seach for a movie on apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.